7 Stubborn Carpet Stains & How To Remove Them
Carpets not only provide comfort to your feet but also enhance the beauty of your home. But when it comes to cleaning, your carpets become one of the most difficult household surfaces to deal with.
It is never easy to remove stubborn stains like pet accidents, red wine, coffee, blood, etc. A little bit of mistake can damage the fibre or fade the colour of your beautiful carpets. Therefore, you should have the right knowledge to deal with the stains on your carpets.
If you are at the end of tenancy, dirty carpets can lead to a dispute with your landlord. As a result of that, you can lose a hefty amount from your bond money.
Therefore, it is advisable to hire a company to get the best end of lease cleaning in Sunshine Coast. They not only clean every nook and corner of the property but also provide additional carpet cleaning service. It will help you to remove the stubborn stain from your costly carpet. However, if you want to eliminate the stains with DIY methods, know about the right methods.
Read on to know more about the stubborn carpet stains & how to remove them.
1. Coffee Stains
A cup of coffee can increase your energy level in the morning. But it can be a nightmare if it spills on your light colour carpet. Follow the steps to remove the stains.
- First, use a white cloth to blot the spot. Start from the edges and move toward the middle of the stain.
- Prepare a solution by mixing 1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap, 1 tablespoon of white vinegar, and 2 cups of warm water. Use a clean cloth to apply the solution on the spot.
- Use a dry towel to blot the surface until the stain is removed. Then rinse the area with cold water, blot up as much as moisture possible and then let the carpet air dry.
2. Blood Stains
It is possible to cut your hand while chopping the vegetables or picking up the broken glass pieces. But what will you do if you notice the bloodstains on your carpet? Follow these steps.
- Spray cold water on the spot to prevent the spread of the stain on the carpet.
- Then prepare a solution using liquid dish soap and cold water. Apply it on the stains and again blot with a clean cloth until the stains get disappeared.
- Then properly rinse the spot with cold water and blot the excess water.
3. Ink Stains
If you accidentally dropped an ink pen or stepped over it, get ready to remove the ink stains from your carpet. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- Take a clean cloth and moisten it properly with isopropyl alcohol. Then apply it over the stain. Do not scrub or rub; otherwise, the ink will spread.
- Then, use a dry cloth to blot the spot until the stain disappeared.
- Rinse the spot properly and again blot the spot. Then allow the carpet to get air dry.
4. Red Wine Stains
If you want to remove the stains of red wines, react quickly. Removing the stains from a white carpet can be a huge challenge. Therefore, if you want the best result, hire professionals who offer reliable end of lease cleaning in Sunshine Coast and opt for additional service. To do it yourself, follow the steps.
- Use a few paper towels to blot the spot properly and remove as much liquid as possible.
- Prepare a solution using 1 tablespoon of white vinegar, 1 tablespoon of hand dishwashing soap and 2 cups of warm water.
- Then apply the solution over the affected spot to loosen the stain. Use a clean cloth to blot the spot properly until the stain is removed.
5. Pet Stains
If you have a dog or cat in your home, then pet accidents on the carpet is a common thing for you. In case you haven’t figured out how to remove the pet stains, follow these steps.
- Use gloves to pick up the solid mess and paper towel to blot the wet ones.
- Prepare a natural cleaning solution using 1/2 cup of vinegar, 2 cups of warm water, 1 tablespoon of salt and liquid dish soap. Apply it on the stain and blot with a clean cloth.
- Rinse it and allow it to get air dry.
6. Chocolate and Candy Stains
When you have kids, you can expect to see chocolate and candy stains on your carpet now and then. Follow the steps to remove the stains perfectly.
- First, apply cold water directly to the affected spot.
- Then pour some dishwashing detergent on a clean cloth and apply it on the stain. Blot the area using a cloth.
- Wait for a few minutes and then rinse the spot with cold water again.
7. Grease Stains
Whether you notice machinery grease on your carpet or cooking grease, it is essential to remove it as quickly as possible. If you want to get rid of the stains perfectly, follow the steps.
- Sprinkle baking soda over the spot and leave it for some time to absorb the liquid grease.
- Then prepare the solution using warm water, isopropyl alcohol, and liquid soap. Spray the solution over the spot and rub the spot with an old clean toothbrush.
- Then use a clean cloth to blot the surface.
Removing stubborn stains from your carpets is not a walk in the park. It requires patience, knowledge of the right methods and solution, and a lot of elbow grease.
The next time you try to remove any stains from your carpets, keep in mind the ways mentioned above. If you are at the end of tenancy, contact the professional end of lease cleaners in Sunshine Coast to accomplish the task perfectly.