How to Flawlessly Pass Your End of Tenancy Inspection
This inspection will decide whether you will get your bond back in full or some deductions will be made. If your agent is overly critical of everything, you may end up losing all your bond money. In this case it is advisable to hire a cleaning company like Bond Cleaning Sunshine Coast, who can provide you professional cleaning services and also guarantee to get your bond back.
If you wish to clean the premise yourself, here are a few tips for you to ensure that you pass the final inspection and get your bond back.
Read the Tenancy Agreement Carefully
- Read your agreement carefully and make a list of things which need repair or special attention while cleaning.
- Compare the state of property as mentioned in the paper to the present situation. Any damages or changes made should also be reversed.
- You can also talk to your landlord about the same and offer to pay bills, if he agrees to get everything repaired on his own.
Make a checklist
- A complete checklist should be made for interior as well as exterior of the house.
- The exterior will include the patio, garage, garden, swimming pool, outdoor furniture and walls, doors and windows.
- Interior of the house will have all the rooms including kitchen, living room, dining room, bedroom and bathrooms.
Important cleaning tips for all the rooms
- After the checklist is ready, gather all the things you would need for cleaning purpose and keep them in one basket.
- You should start by dusting the room first with a cloth or use vacuum cleaner and then only apply damp cloth to it.
- If you apply the damp cloth or cleaner without dusting, it will make the dust stick and difficult to remove.
- The uniform cleaning action should be first left to right and then top to bottom.
- In case you have pets, get the property fumigated to get rid of any hair etc.
- Start with removing everything from the shelves and cupboards.
- Clean the walls and doors and make them free of any dirt and cobwebs, if any.
- In appliances, you should start from cleaning the oven first as it is the most difficult one to clean and will take the maximum time.
- Make a paste of baking soda with water in the ratio of 3:2 and apply it inside the oven (spare the heating rods) on the grease and grime which has collected over the years. Leave it overnight and in the morning, remove it with the help of a damp cloth and plastic spatula. You can also use vinegar to remove tough stains.
- Now, clean the dishwasher and washing machine thoroughly. For the dishwasher, you can use vinegar or baking soda to clean the build up grime.
- To disinfect them, make them run a cycle with bleach.
- Next is the refrigerator, which should be cleaned inside-out to make it free from germs or any bad odour. Remove all the racks, trays and shelves and wash them properly with water and natural cleaner. Dry them thoroughly and then place them back inside the refrigerator.
- For bad odour, you can use baking soda as it is natural odour absorber.
- While leaving, remember to turn off the electricity and leave the door of refrigerator open to prevent any type of mould activity.
- You should also clean the stovetop and microwave properly.
- Check all your drains for smooth operations. The garbage bin also has to be clear and washed.
- Last but not the least vacuum your exhaust fan as well.
- The presence of moisture in the bathroom makes it a difficult area to clean.
- You should start with showers, basin and toilet sheets. Wash and wipe them with the cleaners available in the market.
- Take vinegar in a bag and tie it on the mouth of the shower to open the blockage and to get its shine back. You can use paste of baking soda and vinegar for cleaning doors and shower glass walls.
- Thoroughly clean the tiles and floor.
- For tough stains or mould activity, scrub it properly and use bleach to disinfect them.
- Other things you should check in your bathroom are towel holders, basin and mirrors.
- Clean the ceiling fans properly and then disinfect the bathroom using bleach.
With these tips you can clean your property well for the final inspection but to meet professional standards is not easy. So, I always suggest people to hire a professional company, like Bond Cleaning Sunshine Coast, to clean your property and guarantee to get your bond back in full.