How to Clean Hard Water Stains from Different Household Surfaces
It is important to remove mineral build-ups or calcium stains from your bathroom and kitchen areas using effective tricks. This becomes crucial when moving out of a rented unit or house. Landlords in Queensland thoroughly inspect the premises and have the right to deduct the bond money if they find grimy surfaces.
If you are concerned about your deposited money, book detailed end of lease cleaning in Sunshine Coast. Professionals will come to your place and transform the entire premises to help you pass the inspection.
However, if you are looking for DIY ways to remove hard water stains from different surfaces, keep reading the article. Here is a complete cleaning guide to make things easy for you.
Tips to Eliminate Hard Water Stains From Bathtubs & Showers
Water flow and chemically-laden products can accumulate mineral deposits in your bathtub and shower. If these surfaces are looking dull and cloudy, you can try the following tips to clean hard water stains:
- Prepare a homemade cleaning solution by mixing equal parts of white vinegar and fresh water in an empty spray bottle.
- Spray the solution on the affected or stained areas
- Let it side for 10-20 minutes. The acidic properties in white vinegar will break down the mineral deposits.
- Wipe the surface using a microfiber cloth
- For stubborn stains, apply baking soda and warm water paste
- Allow it to rest for 20 minutes
- Scrub using an old toothbrush or a brush tool
- Rinse and dry using a clean microfiber cloth.
You don’t need to use harsh or abrasive products to treat calcium stains and grime from your shower and bathtub surfaces. Instead, use magic erasers to clean stubborn stains from almost all surfaces.
How to Clean Hard Water Stains From Shower Glass?
Shower glass doors tend to collect a lot of grime, water droplets and soap residue. This leaves unpleasant spots and stains behind. To transform gloomy glass doors into sparkling shine, you need to treat hard water stains using proper tools. You can try this hack for tangible results:
- Make the baking soda and warm water paste to treat calcium stains and soap residue.
- Apply it all over the glass and leave it for a few minutes
- Wipe down the surface with a microfiber cloth
- Rinse and run a squeegee to achieve streak-free results.
You can also hire professional end of lease cleaners in Sunshine Coast if you are at the end of your tenancy. They will spruce up the entire premises according to the REIQ-approved checklist to help you get the full bond money back without any dispute.
Remove Water Stains from Toilets, Porcelain Sinks and Tiles
Do not forget to spruce up these germ-laden areas, especially while preparing your rental property for a final inspection. Mineral deposits, soap scum and rust stains accumulate on a porcelain toilet and sink.
You can try simple and eco-friendly methods to achieve desired outcomes:
- Create a paste of baking soda and warm water
- Spread it on the dirty surfaces of your toilet, tiles and sinks
- Leave it for 10 minutes
- Scrub the stains using an old toothbrush or use a toilet brush.
- Rinse or flush the toilet
- For leftover stains, mix castile soap and warm water and prepare a spray.
- Apply it on the affected surfaces and leave it for a few minutes
- Scrub the surface in a circular motion.
- Rinse and dry completely.
If you are running at the end of your tenancy, you can consider a complete end of lease cleaning guide for a flawless result and get your full bond back.
How to Get Rid of Water Stains From Stainless Steel and Cast Iron?
Well, the answer is pretty simple. You can use eco-friendly products available in your pantry to treat hard water stains.
If you want to remove grime and mineral deposits from stainless steel sinks and cast iron, you will need baking soda or white vinegar.
- Spray white vinegar and warm, soapy water solution in the sink
- Let it sit for 10 minutes
- Crumple a piece of foil paper
- Spray it with solution
- Scrub the sink
- Rinse with hot water
- For better results, apply baking soda paste and scrub the surface
- Rinse and dry to see results.
How to Eliminate Hard Water Stains From Wooden Surface?
Take a small bowl and mix equal white vinegar and olive oil parts. Apply this mixture to the stain using a cloth. Wipe in the wood grain direction until the stain vanishes.
The vinegar will eliminate the stain, while the olive oil adds shiny polish to the wooden finish.
These are some of the best hacks to help you remove hard water stains, soap scum and grime from different household surfaces. You can use eco-friendly products to protect the environment. If vacating a rental property, call the best end of lease cleaning experts in Sunshine Coast for exceptional service.