The Complete Beginners Guide to Carpet Cleaning
It is no secret that carpet gives the interior of your home a touch of sophistication. That is why more and more people are opting for carpets over other flooring options.
However, there is a drawback to having carpet. It can quickly get dirty, which can diminish the look of the house and worsen the indoor air quality. Moreover, carpet cleaning is a tricky task! Use of any inappropriate tools, products and methods can damage the fibre or colour of the carpet. Therefore, you should use the right methods to get the job done.
Many people hire professionals who offer the best end of lease cleaning Sunshine Coast. They have the expertise as well as experience to clean all kinds of carpets without causing any damage to them.
So, you can also hire professionals to execute the tasks without any hassles. If you are preparing to clean carpets for the first time, you must follow the correct guidelines.
Read on to know more about the complete beginners guide to carpet cleaning.
Prepare to Clean the Carpet
Before you start cleaning the carpet, you must prepare for the cleaning. Otherwise, the cleaning will turn into chaos, and you will not get the desired result. So the first thing you need to do is clear the clutter spread over the carpet so that the cleaning can be easier.
After getting rid of the clutter, you need to move small furniture out of a room as much as possible. It will make the vacuuming task more effective and easier. Finally, it is time to prepare a carpet cleaning solution at home.
Vacuum the Carpet
The best way to get rid of the dust, dirt, pet hair, food particles, etc., from your carpet is by vacuuming the surface properly. If you want to vacuum the carpets properly, you need to follow two rules.
Vacuum Carpets Frequently
The majority of people include carpet cleaning in their weekend duties. However, if you have children or pets, you should clean your carpets more frequently. Vacuuming your carpets every alternate day will keep dust, dirt and fungus at bay. So, your carpets will appear spotless.
Run the Vacuum Cleaner Perfectly
You may vacuum your carpet twice a week, but you can be still unhappy with the results. It’s because you aren’t vacuuming properly. People frequently rush through the process, which is where they make a mistake. When vacuuming, you should take your time. To clean the same area twice, run the machine horizontally first, then vertically. That is how experts clean carpets.
Remove the Stains
The following are the common stains that people have to deal with regularly, so you should know how to deal with them. For stubborn stains, contact certified end of lease cleaners in Sunshine Coast.
- Coffee Stains:After bloating the surface, make a solution by mixing 1 tablespoon of white vinegar, 1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap and 2 cups of warm water. Apply it on the stains.
- Blood Stains:Using cold water and liquid dish soap, make a solution. Apply it to the stain and blot it away with a clean cloth until it is gone.
- Ink Stains: Isopropyl alcohol should be applied to the stains. Otherwise, the ink will spread if you scrub or rub it. Then dab the stain with a dry cloth until it disappears. After rinsing the place thoroughly, blot it again.
- Red Wine Stains:Prepare a solution by mixing one tablespoon hand dishwashing soap, 1 tablespoon white vinegar and 2 cups warm water. Then, to loosen the stain, apply the solution to the affected spot.
- Pet Stains:Combine 1/2 cup vinegar, 2 cups warm water, one tablespoon salt, and liquid dish soap in a solution. Apply it to the stain with a clean cloth and blot it.
- Chocolate and Candy Stains: Apply cold water to the affected area directly. Then, using a clean cloth, apply some dishwashing soap to the discolouration. Using a cloth, blot the affected area.
When your carpet becomes dirty, it begins to smell. Getting rid of dirt and dust isn’t the same as getting rid of a bad odour.
You will need to deodorise your carpet for this. In a mixing bowl, add the baking soda (2 cups), borax (2 teaspoons), and essential oil (10 drops). Then, evenly apply the mixture on your carpet and allow it to dry. Then, using a vacuum cleaner, remove both the dirt, baking soda residue and the odour. It is one of the quick and safe DIY cleaning hacks that you must follow.
Hiring a professional end of lease cleaning company in Sunshine Coast is highly advisable to clean your carpets. They use advanced instruments, have in-depth knowledge, and know the most about advanced carpet cleaning procedures. That can help you to get the best result without spending time and energy.
The Bottom Line
Cleaning a dirty carpet can be a stressful task, particularly when you have to do it for the first time.
However, you can carry out the task much safer and easier way by following the guide mentioned above. If you want to clean carpets at the end of the tenancy, contact a company that offers reliable end of lease cleaning in Sunshine Coast. They will help you get back your bond money by impressing your landlord.