Your Home Cleaning Checklist: What To Disinfect?
That leads to various allergies and health issues. To stop the spread of germs, always disinfect your house after cleaning it. Now the question is, which spots you should disinfect? You need to follow a checklist to disinfect your home properly.Many people prefer to hire professionals who offer reliable end of lease cleaning in Sunshine Coast. They have in-depth knowledge about cleaning and disinfecting a house in the best possible manner. If you want to do it yourself, you must follow some guidelines.
Here are the spots that you need to disinfect, so include them in your home cleaning checklist.
Your cooking area is the most important spot in your home because you cook meals here for the family. So make sure this place is free from germs and bacteria.
- Countertop: This spot has all types of germs that come from the unwashed food items you keep on it, so disinfect it properly.
- Stove knobs: It is one of the most frequently touched spots in your kitchen. Wash them properly and sanitise them.
- Sink and Faucets: From dirty dishes to raw meat and fruits to vegetables, you wash everything here. So, clean the spots perfectly.
- Handle of Appliance: Everyone touches the handle of the appliances like the oven, microwave, fridge, etc. So, you must also infect them after cleaning.
- Handle of the Drawers & Cabinets: Like appliances, the handles of the drawers and cabinets are also used several times a day. So they are most likely to have germs.
- Garbage Can: After taking out the trash, spray the inside surface with disinfectant spray to eliminate the bad smell.
People usually overlook the cleaning of the bathroom. Thus it accumulates more dirt than other places. Moreover, the excess moisture present in the room makes it an ideal atmosphere for the growth of bacteria and mould. So, clean it thoroughly.
- Toilet: After cleaning the toilet properly, disinfect the inside surface, the toilet seat as well as the flush lever.
- Sink and Faucets: These spots also have a lot of germs and bacteria because you wash your dirty hands and brush your teeth.
- Bath and Hand Towels: Toss the dirty towels in the washing machine and wash in hot water with vinegar in it.
- Shower Curtain: Like the towels, wash the curtains in hot water inside the washing machine. Then hang it outside and allow it to get air dry.
- Tiles and Grout: These spots also accumulate a lot of dirt that promote the growth of the fungus. Scrub the surface with liquid soap and wash thoroughly.
- Toothbrush holders: To clean the holder, rinse it using hot and soapy water. You also have the option to clean it in the dishwasher at least twice a week.
- Bathroom Ceiling: If you want to clean mould from bathroom ceilings, disinfect the spot with baking soda, vinegar or essential oil. You will get the best result.
Living Room & Bed Room
You and your family member spend a lot of time in these rooms to relax and sleep. So make sure these places are free from all kinds of germs and bacteria. If required, hire professionals who offer thorough end of lease cleaning in Sunshine Coast. If you are disinfecting on your own, consider the following spots.
- Carpets: To disinfect the carpets, sprinkle baking soda on the surface and leave it overnight. Then use a vacuum cleaner to remove the baking soda residue and the bad smell.
- Upholstery: You can destroy the germs and bacteria present on the surface by using baking soda as well. However, if you don’t want to damage the surface, it is advisable to hire professionals.
- Tables: Whether you have a dining table, study table, coffee table or any other tables, the surface of the table can have harmful germs. So, clean all the surfaces with disinfectant wipes.
- Electronics: You should also wipe all the electronics items, particularly the smartphones, TV and AC remote and other such items.
- Bed Sheets and Pillow Covers: Change the bedsheet and pillowcase of your bed at least once a week and wash them in hot water with vinegar in it.
Apart from the places mentioned above, there are some general spots that you also need to disinfect.
- Cleaning Supplies: You must clean and disinfect all your cleaning tools like a mop, sponge, scrubber, etc. Then only your house will get cleaned in the true sense.
- Door Knobs: From the bathroom, kitchen to the living room and bedroom to the main entrance, basement and garage, clean the doorknobs and make sure they are free from germs.
- Light Switches: You should also wipe all the light switches with eco-friendly products like hydrogen peroxide or rubbing alcohol.
If you want to keep allergies and diseases at bay, make sure you disinfect your home properly. So, the next time you carry out the task, follow the checklist mentioned above. It will make the task a lot easier. If you want to get the job done professionally, contact the best end of lease cleaners in Sunshine Coast. You can expect the best result from them.